Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to introduce you to the Fat Fuzz Factory, a take on our original company flagship Fuzz Factory. The Fat Fuzz Factory feature a sub switch that opens the pedal up to an astounding new bottom end. This means the pedal can oscillate at much lower registers, giving it some very interesting thunder broom synth qualities. Based on our field reports, this new fatness lends itself particularly well to the bass guitar, and rips equally well on guitar.
- VOLUME: Output level.
- GATE: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch, if you're that kind. Turning to left opens gate.
- COMPRESS: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also use to tune in fat feedbacky fuzz, if you're that kind. Lower the Stability and see what happens to this control.
- DRIVE: Increases distortion when used as a "normal" fuzz, and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness, if you're that kind. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right.
- STABILITY: Use all the way right. Do not attempt to adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch. (Did I say that already?)
- WARNING: Many "incorrect" settings on this pedal squeal. This may annoy the faint-hearted. If you use the example settings, you won't get hurt. I don't want to see anyone hurt. Unless you're that kind. Don't forget to memorize or write down your favourite settings.
- SUB SWITCH: opens up the pedals bottom end.
- GREENNESS: Yes, folks, like all Z. Vex pedals, it's as low current as possible, extending battery life so long... I have never changed the battery in the prototype (3 years). 'On' current is less than 3 mA... compare to the Tube Screamer (of course an entirely different animal) at almost 40 mA.