1978 model Les Paul Standard just arrived in great original. Made in Kalamazoo, December 1978.
This LP has been played a lot in it's life - and shows a fair amount of playing weat - but has survived in remarkably original, unmodified condition. It still has all it's original parts, notably:
- Original, matching number 1978 humbuckers & original covers
- Original tuners
- Untouched electronics - all 4 pots date 1978, as does the control mounting plate
- Original hardware
- Original frets (low from factory, and have been dressed a few times).
Importantly - despite being in fair cosmetic condition - it has survived with no modifications, major dings, breaks or repairs.
The only exceptions are:
- Neck pickup ring mounting screws replaced
- Missing original pickguard
- Non-Original hardshell case
More generally, the guitar features specs typical of this year LP:
- 3-piece '78 spec neck - medium/thin profile
- Mahogany body (first year back to non-pancake construction)
- Plain maple top
- Bridge pickup: 7.61k
- Neck pickup: 7.55k
- Weighs 4.2kg
Cosmetically, the guitar shows wear typically associated with a guitar that has been played a lot, but generally well cared for.
- The finish has dulled to a semi-satin
- Numerous small/minor dings and chips
- Small area of finish chipped off the back, "number 9 sticker" added
- Binding generally in good condition - one notable nick in fingerboard binding, treble side, 2nd fret
- Much of neck finish has worn off
- Burn from a guitar stand on the back of the neck
- Neck pickup ring cracked but stable
If you're chasing a vintage LP, with lots of vibe, at a more affordable price - this would be a great pick!