1961 model Fender Stratocaster
Great 'player grade' example! Has been modified extensively throughout it's life, but still has great vintage vibe. See list below for full details.
Beautiful dark slab rosewood fretboard, refretted with vintage style frets. Plays well up and down the neck.
Fantastic vintage tone - lots of beautiful upper harmonics, great sustain and rich sound in all positions.
Previously owned and gigged by well-known Perth Blues player and guitar collector.
- Rare 1961 model Left Handed Stratocaster
- Currently strung Right-Handed, but can be converted back to left handed at buyers request, prior to purchase (no extra cost)
- Body refinished in Olympic White, light relic finish
- Slab Brazilian rosewood board - sanded to 9.5" radius
- Extra Strap button hole added on opposite horn, for Right handed playing
- Original pickguard & plastics
- Pickups and wiring replaced with 1976 - grey bottom pickups and '76 pots.
- Neck has been refinished on the back.
- Original decal in good condition
- 'Red' dot and factory jig markings visible on neck heel
- Incorrect date has added to neck heel during previous refinish (3/57)
- Double line Klusons (1 x single line tuner still presents)
- 'Fender Fender' reissue saddles.
- Original tremolo arm is included - but the thread has snapped at the bottom
- Includes original hardshell case